Tyler Harvey provided the perfect tonic for Truro City as his last-gasp strike saw the White Tigers earn a 3-2 win at Swindon Supermarine on Saturday.

After conceding early on in Wiltshire through Brad Hooper, City drew level in the second half via an own goal before Alex Battle put the visitors in front. 

The hosts equalised late on through Harry Williams before Harvey’s late, late goal ensured City returned home with all three points.

The White Tigers move above their beaten opponents into fourth in the Southern League Premier South table.

City looked to respond after two consecutive away defeats but were behind after just six minutes when Hooper unleashed a super strike past goalkeeper James Hamon.

Paul Wotton’s side edged the rest of the first half before Swindon’s skipper Matt Liddiard was sent off for a second bookable offence late in the period.

Truro struggled to turn possession into chances but got a helping hand to level the scores on 68 minutes when a Swindon defender headed Shane White’s cross into his own net.

City moved in front roughly ten minutes later when Niall Thompson’s excellent cross was converted by Battle.

But Truro suffered a body blow with three minutes left of the 90 as Swindon scored a great leveller, with Harry Williams finding the corner with a great finish.

But there was to be one final twist deep in added time when Harvey received the ball from Battle and fired it into the bottom corner to secure all three points for City.

City: Hamon, Thompson, Riley-Lowe, Palmer, White, Richards, Brett, Rooney (Garside 85), Hayes (Battle 66), Neal, Harvey.

  • Truro City under-18s are through to the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup after they beat Aldershot Town under-18s in a dramatic penalty shootout last week.

Kai Harvey gave the visitors the lead at Treyew Road with a tap in from close range before Sam Wickins levelled for the White Tigers with a great strike from distance midway through the half.

Neither side could find a winner in the remaining 65 minutes so the tie went to penalties, with City going on to win 4-2 after the Shots missed their first two kicks.

City face Brockenhurst under-18s in the next round, with the tie to be played at the Hampshire club on Friday, November 6.