A RAMPANT Falmouth Town ran riot at Bickland Park with a seven-goal thrashing of Godolphin Atlantic on Wednesday night.

Town dominated from start to finish in the South West Peninsula League game but had to wait until 32 minutes for the opener, with Jordan Annear grabbing it before Ollie Moody made it two before the break.

Andrew Westgarth’s side moved through the gears in the second half and added five more goals, with Luke Barner bagging two from the bench, with David Broglino and Tim Nixon also netting before Annear completed the rout in injury time.

Town attacked from the off with James Ward and TJ Walter heading narrowly wide early on before Broglino fired over in space.

The visitors then had a huge let-off when a loose ball inside the area fell nicely for Luke Brabyn in the six-yard box, who drilled the ball agonisingly wide.

The onslaught continued with Walter twice shooting wide from outside the box before the same man missed a golden chance when presented the ball ten yards out, with Ethan Fearn saving the striker’s effort with his legs.

Godolphin were living on the edge and somehow survived when a cross caused havoc in the box, with Annear and Brabyn having shots blocked before Fearn saved Martyn Duff’s follow-up.

But the breakthrough finally came in the 32nd minute and it was of Walter’s making. The forward clipped in a fine cross from the right towards Annear at the back post, who rose to nod the ball past Fearn.

Walter and Annear both came close with headers before the second goal quickly followed, with Annear’s low cross being lashed into the net by Moody from close range.

They only had to wait for seven minutes of the second half to add the third, with Broglino having plenty of time and space to pick his spot and fire home from the centre of the box.

Annear missed a big chance to bag his second of the night when Fearn spilled a shot at his feet, but the ‘keeper redeemed himself by superbly saving the striker’s effort.

But Town were soon home and hosed when Ben Piper handled a cross inside his own box on the hour, with Barner stepping up to slam the resulting spot kick home.

The fifth goal came in comedy fashion for the home side’s perspective, with Fearn letting a routine Barner strike through his grasp and into the corner of his net to sum up his side’s miserable evening.

Fearn dusted himself down to smartly save from Annear’s near-post strike but he was soon picking the ball out of his net for a sixth time, with Nixon reacting well to slide in at full stretch from six yards.

There was still time for Town to bag a seventh, with Annear having all the time in the world to run through and hammer the ball in off the underside of the crossbar in the second minute of stoppage time.

Falmouth: R Barnes, S Kellow, O Moody (C Davis 72), R Martt, T Annear, J Ward, L Brabyn (T Nixon 58), M Duff, J Annear, D Broglino (L Barner 58), T Walter. Subs (unused): A Westgarth.