Wendron United manager Jack Greenwood was delighted to see his side end their run of four games without a win in the South West Peninsula League Premier West with victory at home to Sticker on Saturday.

TJ Walter scored twice to put the Dron two goals up before Sam Began halved the deficit before half time.

Scott Palmer restored the two-goal lead from the spot early in the second half but Tom Tallis pulled another back for the visitors, who were agonisingly denied an equaliser in injury-time, with their effort controversially deemed not to have crossed the line.

"Happy to get the win at home," Greenwood said, "which is something we've struggled a bit with this season so far, so it's good to get the three points and end a four-game run without a win. While we've not been as bad as the results have suggested, to get three points is the most important thing.

"I think we deserved the win and we were certainly the better side, but we laboured a little bit in parts and that just gave them enough momentum. I was slightly concerned towards the end that we just never pulled clear enough of them to see the game off. I felt to go three goals up would have really killed it and it maybe could have ended more."

Helston Athletic manager Steve Massey admitted his frustration during his side's 3-1 win at St Blazey.

Despite the Blues' dominance they found themselves behind at the break, but three quick goals from Billy Tucker, Phil Cattran and Neil Slateford early in the second half extended Helston's winning run in the league to 11 games.

Massey said: "I did think about tinkering it with formations [after the Falmouth defeat last week]. It was a one-off, it was a perfect storm against us, everything went their way, and for 40 odd minutes [against St Blazey] it seemed that way and I'd probably never been so frustrated and one or two people noticed it.

"We had two debatable goals disallowed for offside, we had chance after chance, total possession of the football. There was once or twice where a long boot caused us a chase and it was one of those that we got undone by.

"And to be fair, we had 15 minutes in the second half where our passing and movement was as good as I've seen it this year, and we've been good in certain bits of games."

Porthleven co-manager Graham Blake praised his side's return to form in their 2-0 victory at Liskeard Athletic on Saturday.

Dan Richardson scored both goals for the Fishermen, wo moved above the Blues and into ninth in the table.

Blake said: "It was a well fought win, we've had a bit of a slump if you like, not losing every game but just a slump in form and desire and I put that across yesterday before the game.

"I really tried to pump them up and say: 'Guys, there's nothing wrong with our football, it's when we haven't got the ball and the will to want to win it for each other and put he bodies on the line', and they did it yesterday, they were fantastic and it was back to where we were at the first four or five games of the season."