JACK Bowyer was the hero for Falmouth Town in their remarkable 5-4 victory at home to Dobwalls on Saturday.

The striker scored four goals to ensure Town came from behind to defeat Dobwalls at Bickland Park in the two teams' first-ever meeting.

Kelvin Fyneboy gave the visitors the lead early on before Bowyer scored his first to send the teams in level.

Sam Cooper restored Dobwalls' lead with a penalty before Bowyer netted twice to turn the game on its head.

Martyn Duff doubled the lead minutes later with Bowyer then earning his fourth to seemingly put the game out of sight.

But Paul Gregescu-Adams' finish and Fyneboy's second gave the visitors a sniff of a sensational comeback in the dying minutes, although Town held out to claim a vital three points.

Helston Athletic made it six wins in a row in all competitions for the first time in four and a half years with a 5-2 victory at St Dennis.

Matt Bye opened the scoring in the third minute with a fine finish from just outside the box before Mark Goldsworthy doubled the lead midway through the half with a deft chip over St Dennis goalkeeper Tristan Orchard.

Kai Cornish, who scored the winner in the Blues' midweek win at Falmouth, added another to make it three a few minutes later, before Olly Brokenshire put the visitors further in front with a stunning volley ten minutes before half-time.

The break allowed St Dennis to regroup and they pulled one back on the hour when Lee Rickard smartly finished past Jason Robertson, before Jake Hughes added another for the Saints shortly after.

But Goldsworthy restored the Blues' three-goal advantage with a smart finish to round off the scoring with two minutes to go.

Matt Fox scored a hat-trick as Porthleven continued their fine start to the new season with a four-goal win at Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay).

Kyle Fraser completed the scoring with his first of the season.

Wendron United ended a four-game losing run with a four-goal victory at Sticker on Friday night.

The Dron were two goals up at the break via Jack Noy's tap-in and Jack Walker's own goal.

Noy made it three on the hour but Aaron Taylor quickly pulled one back, only for Dan Quirke to make the game safe with a fine finish a coupe of minutes later.

Paul Cox came off the bench to pull another for the hosts in injury-time, but all three points were still heading Wendron's way for the first time in six games.

Elsewhere on Saturday, Saltash United's 100 per cent start to the season came to an end at the hands of Newquay, with the two teams sharing six goals at the Mount Wise Stadium.

Phil Lowry opened the scoring against the run of play with a fine finish midway through the first half, before Jose Perez doubled the Peppermints' lead early in the second half.

Perez netted again a few minutes later to extend the hosts' lead and send them well on their way to victory.

But Sam Hughes pulled one back a few minutes later before Ashley Bradshaw's own goal set up a grandstand finish, with Ryan Richards sealing the comeback in the dying minutes to rescue a point.

That draw allowed St Austell to extend their lead at the top to five points after they won 4-0 at Callington Town. Hayden Turner and Martin Giles put the Lillywhites two goals up at the break, with Harry Clarke and Ben Waters completing the scoring in the second half.

Bodmin Town remain in fourth after a 3-0 win at home to Penzance. Dan Jennings opened the scoring in the 54th minute, before Dan Pethick and Lewis Webber sealed their sixth win of the season.

They are joined on 18 points by Mousehole, who won 5-0 at home to Liskeard Athletic. Kieran Toland put the Seagulls in front early on before Gerens James doubled the lead before the break.

Goals from Amara Bakayoko and Imani Matthews made sure of the win early in the second half, before James added a final flourish late on.

St Blazey recovered from two goals down to draw 2-2 at Wadebridge Town. Sam Wickins and Andy Butler put the Bridgers two goals up inside ten minutes, but Ruben Kane pulled one back before half-time, with Levi Landricombe rescuing the point with two minutes to go.

Elsewhere, Launceston picked up their first win since the opening day with a 2-1 victory at Camelford. Bobby Hopkinson netted for the Camels.