KAI Cornish and Alfie Flack scored hat-tricks as Helston Athletic put 11 goals past Penzance in a record-breaking South West Peninsula League Premier West encounter at Kellaway Park on Wednesday night.

The emphatic victory is Helston's largest-ever in the SWPL, while Mark Goldsworthy also netted his 300th Peninsula League goal.

Goldsworthy got the ball rolling from the spot inside ten minutes, although it took until five minutes before the break for Olly Brokenshire to double the lead, before an own goal gave the Blues a three-goal cushion at half-time.

The hosts flew out of the traps after the break, with Brokenshire making it four a matter of seconds into the second half. Goldsworthy then added his milestone goal after turning in Cornish's cross, with the youngster bagging the next two to take Helston to seven midway through the second half.

The second of those was teed up by Alfie Flack, who turned goalscorer for numbers eight and nine soon after.

Cornish wrapped up his hat-trick and took Helston into double figures a few minutes from time, before Flack joined his team-mate on three with the final goal of an astonishing game.

Charlie Young's header sealed a narrow victory for Porthleven in their local derby with Wendron United at Gala Parc.

Dan Stidwell put the hosts in front early on before Jack Stocker levelled the scores before the break.

The visitors were reduced to ten after Ben Ringrose was shown two yellow cards early in the second half, with Young heading home the winner with 15 minutes to go.

Mousehole moved to within one point of leaders Saltash United after a 4-1 victory at St Blazey. Kieran Toland gave the Seagulls a slender half-time thanks to his strike after just six minutes, with Steven Ziboth and Amara Bakayoko putting the visitors in control with two goals midway through the second half.

Toland made sure of the victory and put himself top of the goalscoring charts with his ninth goal of the season soon after, with St Blazey nabbing a consolation towards the end.

Dom Roberts' 89th-minute goal secured a 3-2 win for Godolphin Atlantic at home to Falmouth Town. Dan Perryman put the G in front after just three minutes, with the hosts doubling the advantage midway through the first half.

But Falmouth halved the deficit just before half-time through a header from Matt Buchan, who netted his fourth goal in two games, before captain Joe Cooper restored parity with a header of his own ten minutes into the second half, but Roberts struck late on with a wonderful strike from the edge of the box to steal all three points.

League leaders Saltash United asserted their place at the top with a nine-goal demolition of Wadebridge Town at Bodieve Park on Tuesday night.

Sam Hughes opened the scoring on 22 minutes, before three goals in four minutes from David Barker and Ryan Richards (2) saw the Ashes four goals up at the break.

Hughes added his second on the hour before Sam Farrant made it six soon after. Barker netted his second penalty with just 15 minutes to go, before Reece Thomson netted twice in the final few minutes to complete the emphatic result.

James Lorenz scored a hat-trick as Liskeard Athletic won 5-1 at home to a depleted St Dennis.

Macauleuy Thorp and Joe Discombe also scored for the Blues, who are third in the table. Lee Rickard scored the Saints' consolation.

Louis Price also scored a hat-trick as Newquay won 6-0 at home to Callington Town. Price bagged his first with Callum McOnie also scoring as the Peppermints led 2-0 at the break, with Price completing his hat-trick in the second half, while Carl Rickard and Jack Bray-Evans wrapped up the scoring.

Chris Reski's late goal rescued all three points for St Austell, who recorded a 2-1 win at home to Launceston. Reski played a part in the opener, setting up Matt Searle midway trough the first half to give the Lillywhites a half-time lead.

But the Clarets, who shipped 13 goals in their previous two games, hit back early in the second half, only for Reski to pop up in the dying minutes and break the visitors' hearts.

Bodmin Town fought off a strong challenge from Camelford to pick up their fourth win from five games, winning 3-2 at Trefrew Park.

The visitors led midway though the first half when Dan Pethick fired into the bottom corner, but Charlie Hambly levelled for the hosts on the stroke of half-time.

Dan Magee restored Bodmin's lead within a minute of the restart with a stunning strike from distance, and although Andy Boxall hauled the Camels level once again on the hour, Dan Jennings fired in his sixth goal of the season to seal victory for the visitors.