TRURO City’s 100 per cent start to the season is over after the White Tigers fell to a disappointing 2-1 reverse to Chesham United at the Meadow.

Two second-half Chesham goals both direct from throw ins cancelled out Niall Thompson’s first-half strike.

Truro headed to Buckinghamshire in positive spirits after picking up three wins from three from their opening fixtures. That confidence showed as they started the better of the two sides.

Will Dean and Niall Thompson linked up well resulting in Thompson whipping in an inviting ball but unfortunately their was no one in the area to get on the end of it.

Thompson then created an opportunity all for himself. The striker used his pace to get in behind the Chesham back line before releasing a shot. His first effort was well blocked but they couldn’t prevent him from firing into the top corner on the rebound for 0-1.

More Truro chances followed. Will Dean again in the thick of things as he played a nice ball over the top for Ryan Law, but the full backs effort goes over the cross bar.

Harrison Davis then had big chance to double the White Tigers' lead. He beat his man and then found himself face to face with the keeper but saw his powerful shot forced away.

Going into the second half the game started to open a bit more. James Hamon in the Truro net, who was hardly tested in the first half, was brought into action a number of times. The 'keeper made a superb close-range stop to keep City’s lead intact although the offside flag was soon risen.

Luke Jephcott then powerfully beat his man and pulled it back perfectly for Noah Keats, who just couldn’t get his shot away and was ultimately blocked off.

Chesham got their deserved equaliser on 68 minutes when Mark Kirby headed home from a throw-in.

Jephcott then took over defensive duties as he cleared one off the line before up the other end, Yetton forced a shot goalwards but was comfortably saved.

As the clock kept ticking it looked certain that the points were to be shared, but in the fifth minute of added on time Chesham found a winner.

Another long throw wasn’t dealt with properly and Karl Oliyide finished at the back post to break Truro hearts.

Truro ultimately return to Cornwall empty handed but don’t have time to dwell on the performance as they are in action again on Monday as they host Weston-Super-Mare at Treyew Road.

Truro: Hamon, Davis, Law, Gafaiti, Mbayo, Richards (c), Booth, Keats (Garside 76), Dean, Thompson (Yetton 60), Jephcott.

Attendance: 401