ST AUSTELL moved to the top of the South West Peninsula League Premier West with a thumping 6-0 win at Penzance on Wednesday night.

Despite the heavy scoreline, the Lillywhites held a slender one-goal lead at the break thanks to Hayden Turner’s 11th-minute strike.

Martin Watts doubled the lead early in the second half with a free-kick, before George Tucker made it three. Watts doubled his personal tally for the evening to extend the lead, before late goals from Ben Waters and Mason Hughes completed the scoring.

St Dennis and Dobwalls played out a thrilling 4-4 draw at Boscawen Park. The Saints raced into a three-goal after half an hour thanks to two goals from Jacob Rowe and a 35-yard free-kick from Martin Sleeman.

Any hopes of a one-sided match were quelled as the visitors managed to pull two back shortly before the break, although Rowe completed his hat-trick to give the hosts breathing space again.

Dobwalls lost a man temporarily to the sin bin but moved to within one again from the penalty spot, before rescuing a remarkable point late on.

Tornado Bello and Tallan Mitchell both scored hat-tricks as Bodmin Town thrashed Callington Town 7-0 at Priory Park.

Mitchell bagged the first two in the opening 30 minutes before being sent to the sin bin shortly before half-time, although Bello had managed to open his account in the meantime.

Callum Kenny extended the hosts lead a few minutes into the second half, before Mitchell, fresh from his ten-minute spell on the sidelines, sealed his hat-trick from the spot.

Bello made it six with 20 minutes to go, before completing his own treble and rounding off the scoring in the final few minutes.

Porthleven picked up their first-ever win at Step 6 in style on Tuesday night, winning 4-1 at Wadebridge Town.

Charlie Young opened the scoring five minutes into his second debut with the club, before George Molcher teed up Dan Stidwell to double the lead on the half-hour mark.

Stidwell was on hand to double his tally a few minutes into the second half, before Young did the same on the hour after profiting from Molcher's parried effort.

Sam Wickins scored a consolation for the Bridgers on 76 minutes.

Liskeard Athletic bounced back from their opening 6-1 defeat at St Austell by winning 6-3 at home to Sticker.

Jarrad Woods put Athletic in front before Derek Lucas levelled for the visitors. Ryan Knight restored the lead before Lyle Johnson doubled the advantage before the break.

Lucas pulled another back but Woods restored the two-goal cushion. Sam Stockdale and James Lorenz added gloss to the scoreline in the final few minutes, before Theo Maye's injury-time penalty for Sticker completed the scoring.

Jose Perez scored the only goal of the game as Newquay won 1-0 at home to nine-man St Blazey.

Perez netted the winner in the sixth minute, while St Blazey had two players sent off and their goalkeeper sent to the sin bin.

Camelford and Godolphin Atlantic played out a 1-1 draw at Trefrew Park. Ed Harrison's penalty put the hosts in front early in the second half, but were pegged back in the 86th minute.