TRURO City enjoyed a winning return to the Southern League Premier after a four-year absence thanks to a 2-0 win at Metropolitan Police.

Ryan Law and Niall Thompson scored first-half goals as the White Tigers secured victory at Imber Court.

REPORT: White Tigers begin campaign with victory at Met Police

Poole Town and Blackfield & Langley top the division on day one after both sides earned 4-1 away victories.

Oliver Dennett scored a hat-trick as Poole came from a goal down to win well at Farnborough. William Spetch scored the fourth, while Connor Cullen had given the hosts a 19th-minute lead.

Lerone Plummer was a hat-trick hero for Blackfield & Langley, with Sam Griffin completing the visitors scoring in their win at Yate Town. Olly Mehew scored a consolation from the spot for the hosts.

Kane Simpson's 93rd-minute goal gave Swindon Supermarine a last-gasp 3-2 win at home to Walton Casuals. Joseph Morrison and Rodhell Gordon scored as the visitors led 2-1, with Ryan Campbell initially equalising for the hosts. But Simpson levelled again on 89 minutes, before netting the winner in added time.

Last season's runners-up Taunton Town lost 3-0 at Gosport Borough, with Theo Lewis, George Barker and Marley Ridge notching for Borough.

Tiverton Town surrendered a two-goal lead to draw at home to Hayes & Yeading United. Olaf Koszela and Michael Landricombe put the Yellow two up, but James Clark and Ogochukwu Obi rescued a point.

It was a similiar story for Hendon, who let a two-goal advantage slip to draw at Weston-super-Mare. Luke Tingey and Kameron English put the visitors ahead, only for Ben Whitehead to score an injury-time leveller after Nick McCootie had started the comeback.

Dernell Wynter scored twice as Chesham United won 2-0 at home to Salisbury, while goals from Thomas Blair and Michael Bryan secured 1-0 home wins for Dorchester Town and Harrow Borough against Beaconsfield Town and Merthyr Town respectively.

Wimborne Town and Hartley Wintney fought out a goalless draw at The Cuthbury.