A SAUNA had to be evacuated after a fire broke out yesterday afternoon.

The incident happened at Clowance, the self-catering holiday lodges at Praze an Beeble.

One appliance from Tolvaddon Fire Station and one from Hayle Community Fire Station were mobilised to a report of smoke coming from the sauna area.

All people were quickly evacuated at around 4pm. 

On investigation fire crews found a smell of burning and smoke in the sauna area.

The fire was believed to have been an electrical fault and when it was safe to do so, the staff and occupants were allowed back into the building.