FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in an animal feed milling machine last night.

Crews from Chard and Honiton attended the incident, at Crawley Farm, Yarcombe, at just after 9pm on Tuesday night (January 14).

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the blaze was 'coming from a mixer inside a building'.

"On arrival at the incident fire crews confirmed the fire was confined to a milling machine and gained access through the hopper," they said.

"They used two thermal image cameras, two hosereel jets, small tools and a triple extension ladder to extinguish the fire.

"The fire damage was confined to approximately 20% to animal feed in the machine."

The cause of the fire was accidental, the spokesperson added.