Somerset County League Division One West

Street Reserves 1, Middlezoy Rovers 1

TEN-man Middlezoy Rovers battled to a hard-earned point at Street Reserves on Friday night.

Lance Turner was sent off for an off the ball incident on 62 minutes, after Craig Wright had fired Middlezoy into a first-half lead.

But Street found an equaliser with 18 minutes left to play to ensure a share of the spoils.

Street created the first chance of note inside five minutes but forward Luke Weatherall was unable to find the target from ten yards out.

Middlezoy took control of the game from this moment and were patient in their build up, moving the ball around the pitch well.

The opening goal was assisted on 27 minutes by Lance Turner after five passes from goalkeeper Steve Baker, leaving Craig Wright to slot home at the back post.

With the visitors in control of possession, Dan Luce had the chance to double the lead but his shot ballooned over the bar.

Headers from Bennett and Tucker were also wasted, with the home side fortunate to still be in the game at half time.

Middlezoy's anchor man Damon Jennings was forced off at half time with a calf injury and key midfielder Andy Smith was also replaced early in the second half with a knee problem.

Dan Luce was sent through one on one on 51 minutes but Haines got down smartly to take the ball away from his feet for a certain tap in.

The turning point of the game came in the 62nd minute when Turner was shown a straight red for an apparent stamp off the ball.

Street sensed a way back into the game and found the equaliser on 72 minutes when James Bisgrove headed past Baker from a pin-point cross.

A man down, Middlezoy played on the break and nearly won the game in the final minutes, but Simon Bone's curling effort was superbly tipped around the post by Haines.

Street continued to pump the ball forward inside the last few minutes, but the Zoy back line held them at bay for a more than deserved away point.

Star Man: Matt Haines (Street)