Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Somerset Business Award finalists wait for the big night out
9:43am Friday 18th October 2013 in Somerset
WORKERS at dozens of businesses across the county are crossing their fingers after being nominated for a prestigious Somerset Business Award.
The Chard and Ilminster News-backed awards will be handed out at a glitzy ceremony held at the Westlands Leisure Centre, in Yeovil, later this month.
Businesses were invited to enter a wide variety of categories – regardless of size and sector. Categories were hotly contested with particularly high interest in the new category of Young Business Employee of the Year Award.
Jenn Chidley-Sanders, of award organisers the Somerset Chamber of Commerce, said: “We were overwhelmed with the number and quality of entries.
“We are so happy for this year’s finalists. Somerset businesses have outdone themselves and raised the bar for the awards.
“The finalists should be proud of their achievements and we look forward to welcoming them all to the celebratory dinner on October 24.”
The awards, now in their ninth year, saw their highest number of entries to date this year. Of the businesses that entered, more than 40 companies entered for the first time.
More than 350 guests are expected to attend the awards dinner, with 39 businesses hoping to win a prestigious and highly sought after accolade.
Paul Hake, of main event sponsors Albert Goodman, said: “Judging the Somerset Business Awards this year was exceptionally tough, especially as each business has something truly special about them.
"However, it is always a pleasure to visit the businesses and I am overjoyed with our choice of finalists.”
Follow the Somerset Business Awards on Twitter using @SomBizAwards and #SBA2013 for the latest news and updates.
- Albert Goodman Family Business of the Year Award – Sponsored by Albert Goodman LLP Monkton Elm Garden & Pets Centre RK Bell Group Western Air Ducts (UK) Ltd
- Business of the Year 1-10 Employees Award – Sponsored by Yeovil College Plum Communications & PR Pure Beauty Rebecca Bevins HR Consultancy Ltd
- Business of the Year 11-25 Employees Award – Sponsored by A.C. Mole & Sons Evosite Ltd Kiddimoto Red Berry Recruitment Ltd
- Business of the Year 26-50 Employees Award – Sponsored by EDF Energy 3 Solutions (2011) Limited NVB Architects R K Bell Group
- Business of the Year 51+ Employees Award – Sponsored by Higos Insurance Services Ltd Bridgwater College Elecsis Switchgear Ltd Monkton Elm Garden & Pet Centre
- Charity of the Year Award – Sponsored by Clarke Willmott LLP Somerset Community Foundation Somerset Rural Youth Project Western Hospicecare
- Environmental Award – Sponsored by Porter Dodson Solicitors & Advisors Berry & Escott Engineering Protomax Plastics Ltd The Woolly Shepherd Ltd
- Marketing & Promotions Award – Sponsored by ADPR Ltd Hilton Herbs Mendip Hub Ltd Somerset Heritage Service
- New Business of the Year Award – Sponsored by Glyder Pips Pubs Staff Guardian Ltd Wild Beer Co Ltd
- New to Somerset Award – Sponsored by Into Somerset Filberts Fine Foods Ltd Hosted Accountants Protomax Plastics Ltd
- Service Excellence Award – Sponsored by Lentells Ltd 3 Dimensions Care Ltd Hiho Silver Jungle Property
- Skills for Growth Award – Sponsored by Somerset ESB 3 Dimensions Care Ltd Langdon Industries Ltd Yarlington Housing Group
- Young Business Employee of the Year Award – Sponsored by Jobseekers Recruitment Services Ltd Chloe Heilbronn (Monkton Elm Garden & Pet Centre) Kayleigh Allen (Powrmatic Ltd) Phil Rogers (Somerset Centre Integrated Learning)
Comments are closed on this article.