Watch those chip pans!

First published in Somerset

THE Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is urging people to take care when they indulge in one of the nation’s favourite foods – chips!

Leaving a chip pan unattended for any length of time can have disastrous results as the oil can easily overheat and ignite.

A Fire Service spokesman said: “A simple switch from the pan to the oven or a temperature controlled deep-fat fryer can help prevent the worst.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree