Enable automatic updates every minute? YES NO
- Eleven arrests made in connection with drug offences.
- Majority of homes visited in Halcon area of town.
- County Gazette reporter Michael Marsh joined officers on morning raids.
INSP Stuart Bell, of Taunton police station, said: "Today Taunton police, assisted by units from across West Somerset, executed multiple drugs warrants across North and East Taunton.
"Acting on information from our communities we have targeted those that deal drugs in our communities to those that are our most vulnerable members of our communities.
"Drug dealing will not be tolerated in our town and we will be relentless in pursuing those that do. The Taunton Deane area is the safest area in Somerset and we will continue to ensure it remains so."
OTHER arrests made today include:
- A 42-year-old man from Radlett Close on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and money laundering.
- A 26-year-old woman from Milton Road on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
- A 36-year-old man from Beadon Road on suspicion of possession of a Class A drug with intent to supply.
- A 63-year-old man from Leycroft Grove on suspicion of possession of cannabis.
- A 48-year-old man from St David's Gardens for failure to appear at court.
- A 42-year-old woman from Bacon Drive was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis but street bailed.
PC Turner says he hopes today's raids show drug users that crime will not be tolerated.
He said: "This operation was designed to target suspected offenders in a dynamic way to reinforce the message that drug dealing will not be tolerated.
"Individuals involved in drug crime can damage our communities and often commit further offences such as burglary and theft - none of which will be tolerated."
PC James Turner, beat manager for Taunton East, with a suspected Class A drug found on this morning's raids.
OFFICERS raided homes in various streets across town.
Police targeted suspected drug barons in Bacon Drive, Inner Circle, Outer Circle, Leycroft Grove, Milton Road, Beadon Road, Radlett Close, Winkworth Way and Allington Close.
Eleven people were arrested including a 25-year-old man from Bacon Drive on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply, a 45-year-old man from Inner Cirlce for breach of bail conditions and a 49-year-old man from Winkworth Way for possession of a suspected Class A drug.
More to follow...
ELEVEN people have been arrested in a series of co-ordinated drugs raids in Taunton this morning (January 17).
Officers swooped on several addresses in the east of the town as they executed warrants and found Class A and Class B substances.