Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Kitchen fire at Old Town flats in Chard
7:28pm Wednesday 9th January 2013 in Somerset
TWO fire crews were sent to the Old Town flats in Chard tonight after somebody reported their kitchen was on fire.
The 999 call was made around 6pm.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “On arrival crews found a small fire in the kitchen area.
“The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus wearers and one foam extinguisher.
“The property was ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
“The cause of the fire was accidental and the block of flats sustained smoke damage.”