Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Electrical fire at bungalow
8:00am Monday 7th January 2013 in Somerset
FIREFIGHTERS from Crewkerne, Ilminster and Chard were called out this morning to deal with a kitchen fire at a home.
The alarm was raised just before 5.15am to a bungalow in Barn Close, Crewkerne, and officers believed the fire had spread to the loft space.
The British Red Cross fire and emergency support services unit from Bridgwater also attended the incident.
An incident support unit from Yeovil was also sent for, while staff from Western Power were brought in along with a hazardous material officer.
A Fire Service spokesman said: "A fire investigation officer confirmed a fire involving a domestic electricial consumer unit - the cause of the fire was accidental."