Elderly woman rescued from fire

AN elderly woman and her pet budgie were rescued from a fire in the early hours.

Fire crews were called out to the first floor home in Galmington Drive, Taunton, at 4.20am today (Saturday).

Reports said the smoke alarm was sounding and there was a smell of burning.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The fire was believed to have been caused accidentally by an electrical fault."

The woman was taken to Taunton's Musgrove Park Hospital as a precaution.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree