Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Late night blaze in Rackenford
5:46am Sunday 1st July 2012 in Devon
A FLAT was damaged by fire and smoke following a blaze late last night.
Firefighters were called to the incident in the home above a garage in Rackenford, Tiverton, at 11.37pm.
They were met by a fire in the roof space used as upstairs living accommodation.
A spokesman said 25% of the kitchen was damaged by fire and the rest of the building severely damaged by smoke.
He said the cause was believed to be accidental and there were no reported injuries.
Comments are closed on this article.