A TUMBLE dryer fire at a property in Crediton left residents without any power.
Crews from the town's fire station were called to a property on Western Road at 5.16am this morning.
The caller said that they had been woken by a power cut and on inspection had found that there had been a fire within their garage which was now out.
One fire engine from Crediton Fire Station was sent to the incident.
On arrival crews confirmed there had been a fire within a tumble dryer stored in the garage.
The fire had affected 10 per cent of the contents of the garage.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots and ensured the area was made safe.
Crews used one hose reel jet to damp down the area and duty of care was left with the occupier.