A TAKEAWAY food shop was destroyed in a fire.
Firefighters were called to the incident in High Street, Crediton, at around 7.30 yesterday, Wednesday, May 28.
The fire involved a deep fat fryer and steel flue.
Crews cut away a flat roof to prevent the spread of the fire.
Police attended to provide traffic control.
The shop of the two-storey building was completely destroyed and half of the upstairs flat was smoke damaged.
The cause was accidental, according to Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.