Fire at thatched cottage in Crediton

Fire at thatched cottage in Crediton

Fire at thatched cottage in Crediton

First published in Devon by

FIRE crews were called to a chimney fire at a cottage with a thatched roof in Crediton this morning (January 4).

The occupier of Smithy Cottage in East Leigh called the fire service to the incident at around 1am.

One crew from Chulmleigh and one from North Tawton attended the chimney fire in the semi detached cottage, which involved a wood burner.

A fire service spokesman said: "Crews extinguished the fire using chimney gear and small tools by gaining access to the flue.

"Duty of care was left with the occupier."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree