Family of seven taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning (From This is The West Country)
Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Family of seven taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
A FAMILY of seven were taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a Devon village.
Fire crews were called to reports of an activated carbon monoxide alarm in Hill View in Ottery St Mary shortly after 7am this morning (Friday).
Upon the crew's arrival, the family had been evacuated from the house and were being transferred to hospital as a precaution.
An inspection of the alarm found it was reading a higher than safe level of the gas and a specialist engineer was called.