9:32pm Sunday 20th January 2013
By Mid Devon Star Reporter
TWO fire teams helped tackle a bedroom fire and save a cat in Barnstaple today (January 20).
The Fire Service received reports of a possible bedroom fire in a bungalow at Bingham Crescent just after 3pm.
Crews used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a thermal image camera and an extension ladder to extinguish the fire.
Thirty percent of the property was damaged by fire and ninety percent of the property was damaged by smoke.
A fire service spokesman said: "30% of the property was damaged by fire and 90% was damaged by smoke.
"One cat was rescued by fire service personnel."
© Copyright 2001-2015 Newsquest Media Group