Glastonbury star to perform beach gig for Royal Cornwall Hospitals fundraiser

This is The West Country: Glastonbury star to perform beach gig for Royal Cornwall Hospitals fundraiser Glastonbury star to perform beach gig for Royal Cornwall Hospitals fundraiser

Hot off the heels of her first appearance at the Glastonbury Festival this year, local singer/songwriter Polly Money will be supporting the Royal Cornwall Hospitals by performing at next week’s Walk for Wards charity fundraiser.

Polly and another Cornish singer/songwriter Tom Cary, will be on stage at the Watering Hole in Perranporth as part of the Walk for Wards event on Sunday 13th July. They will both play sets between 5 and 8 pm to entertain those who have taken part in the walk during the afternoon.

RCHT fundraising manager, Jessica Silye said: “We’re absolutely thrilled to have Polly and Tom at the event and I’m sure they’ll attract lots of extra donations to our charitable fund. The numbers signed up for our Walk for Wards are growing all the time and with the current weather we hope lots more will turn up on the day as well.”

Walk for Wards, is part of a national initiative and at RCHT is being used to raise funds for the Royal Cornwall, St Michael’s and West Cornwall hospitals, with walkers able to raise money for individual wards or departments or RCHT’s general charitable fund.

The easy-going, three-mile walk starts and ends at the Watering Hole on Perranporth Beach where there will also be fun activities for all the family, refreshments and live music. It is aimed at local people, as well as RCHT staff who can use the event to give their own ward or department charitable fund a boost.

Those taking part can register for free online go to: www.walkforwards.co.uk/join/royalcornwallhospitals For more information on Polly and Tom visit: http://www.pollymoney.com/ or www.tomcary.co.uk

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:09am Sat 5 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections.

This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea.
I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections. This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 4

8:56am Sat 5 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

It sounds like a good fundraising event, I hope the weather is kind to them.
It sounds like a good fundraising event, I hope the weather is kind to them. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 1

8:58am Sat 5 Jul 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Mark Porthleven wrote:
I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections.

This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea.
If the Packet allow no comments on a particular article then I think you should respect that, not comment about that particular article on an adjacent one.
[quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections. This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea.[/p][/quote]If the Packet allow no comments on a particular article then I think you should respect that, not comment about that particular article on an adjacent one. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 0

9:19am Sat 5 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
Mark Porthleven wrote:
I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections.

This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea.
If the Packet allow no comments on a particular article then I think you should respect that, not comment about that particular article on an adjacent one.
I'll comment on what news item I like, if I want to comment about Andrew George on here I will, I think he's only brought up the subject of the hospitals because it's something close to everyone and the elections are coming up soon. I think he's a useless publicity seeking MP.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: I see the news story above about Andrew George we're not allowed to comment on AGAIN. Andrew George this, Andrew George that, all now in the run up to the elections. This story is good about the fundraising gig, good idea.[/p][/quote]If the Packet allow no comments on a particular article then I think you should respect that, not comment about that particular article on an adjacent one.[/p][/quote]I'll comment on what news item I like, if I want to comment about Andrew George on here I will, I think he's only brought up the subject of the hospitals because it's something close to everyone and the elections are coming up soon. I think he's a useless publicity seeking MP. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 3

8:04pm Sat 5 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Don't you think though GZM, Andrew George could have done something about the NHS before now? And not wait until just before the elections?
Don't you think though GZM, Andrew George could have done something about the NHS before now? And not wait until just before the elections? Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 2

8:16pm Sat 5 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

This is stupid you can't subscribe to any of these news items and receive emails, it doesn't work, and the mobile site dont work either, they need to sort themselves out. And on the West Briton website you can comment on that Ingrid person in Helston that you can't comment on on here. You know, the one in Tescos.
This is stupid you can't subscribe to any of these news items and receive emails, it doesn't work, and the mobile site dont work either, they need to sort themselves out. And on the West Briton website you can comment on that Ingrid person in Helston that you can't comment on on here. You know, the one in Tescos. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 5

8:17pm Sat 5 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Anyway, back to Andrew George, whens the election?
Anyway, back to Andrew George, whens the election? Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 4

7:33am Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me.
I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails.
I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item.
Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me. I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails. I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 1

9:04am Sun 6 Jul 14

DCI Jen says...

I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid. DCI Jen
  • Score: 5

9:39am Sun 6 Jul 14

ronedgcumbe says...

Mark Porthleven wrote:
Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me.
I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails.
I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item.
Sorry Mark missed your question. If Anything I say is considered rude by a fellow commenter than I apologise it has never been my intention to be rude to anyone.
I agree it is strange that no comments are allowed on that item.
[quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me. I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails. I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item.[/p][/quote]Sorry Mark missed your question. If Anything I say is considered rude by a fellow commenter than I apologise it has never been my intention to be rude to anyone. I agree it is strange that no comments are allowed on that item. ronedgcumbe
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Thanks Ron, I know I can be tetchy at times but I'm not a Cllr so don't have that responsibility to be polite. They get paid enough, surely Cllr Wallis could make an effort to be polite. Never seen him admit he's wrong about anything.
If we can't comment on all the MP George news stories then why should we bother voting for him, not that I would anyway not after the expenses lark.
Thanks Ron, I know I can be tetchy at times but I'm not a Cllr so don't have that responsibility to be polite. They get paid enough, surely Cllr Wallis could make an effort to be polite. Never seen him admit he's wrong about anything. If we can't comment on all the MP George news stories then why should we bother voting for him, not that I would anyway not after the expenses lark. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 2

2:56pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

DCI Jen wrote:
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
I'm not stupid, just got my eyes open to how useless MP George is as an MP, when do we ever hear about him, and now with the election looming, it's Andrew George this that and the other. And why shouldn't we be able to comment on it. And GZM is rude not to answer my questions about Andrew George, we all know she'll be reading this. Rons answered me.
[quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.[/p][/quote]I'm not stupid, just got my eyes open to how useless MP George is as an MP, when do we ever hear about him, and now with the election looming, it's Andrew George this that and the other. And why shouldn't we be able to comment on it. And GZM is rude not to answer my questions about Andrew George, we all know she'll be reading this. Rons answered me. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 4

3:00pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

And why can't we comment on the news item about whether we fish for a hobby or not, for crying out loud, don't suppose the fish will be reading the flipping website.
And why can't we comment on the news item about whether we fish for a hobby or not, for crying out loud, don't suppose the fish will be reading the flipping website. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 5

3:02pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Ooohhh, why are you voting my comments down meerkats without leaving a comment yourself, pot kettle.
Ooohhh, why are you voting my comments down meerkats without leaving a comment yourself, pot kettle. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 6

3:34pm Sun 6 Jul 14

meerkats says...

DCI Jen wrote:
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .
[quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.[/p][/quote]i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up . meerkats
  • Score: -4

4:11pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

Sorry you've been I'll meerkats, hope it's nothing we can catch on here, like the fish in the news item we can't comment on. I've got a computer virus.
Sorry you've been I'll meerkats, hope it's nothing we can catch on here, like the fish in the news item we can't comment on. I've got a computer virus. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 2

7:36pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

So GZM are you going to be rude and ignore my serious question, don't you think Andrew George should have done something about the hospitals before now, just because the elections are coming up? Don't you think he's a useless MP?
So GZM are you going to be rude and ignore my serious question, don't you think Andrew George should have done something about the hospitals before now, just because the elections are coming up? Don't you think he's a useless MP? Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 3

7:39pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

ronedgcumbe wrote:
Mark Porthleven wrote:
Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me.
I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails.
I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item.
Sorry Mark missed your question. If Anything I say is considered rude by a fellow commenter than I apologise it has never been my intention to be rude to anyone.
I agree it is strange that no comments are allowed on that item.
Don't you think Ron that it's strange We're getting all these news items how wonderful he is now the elections are coming up.?
Have you noticed too, in the letters page each week now there seems to be a letter by some political party person? Do you think Andrew George is any good?
[quote][p][bold]ronedgcumbe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: Don't believe you haven't been on the website GZM, yet you've not answered my question on here, you're like Ron, it's rude not to answer someone's questions, left Ron a question on the Helston rubbish news item and hes not answered me. I think Andrew George is like Cllr Wallis, i think they have power complexes and like lording it over people, they always have to be right and will never admit when theyre wrong, I think they like to make people feel inferior. And they never accept it i don't think, if anyone apologises to them, but they never apologise to anyone. Cllr Wallis doesn't even answer my emails. I don't see him doing any charity events, not like the good people in this news item.[/p][/quote]Sorry Mark missed your question. If Anything I say is considered rude by a fellow commenter than I apologise it has never been my intention to be rude to anyone. I agree it is strange that no comments are allowed on that item.[/p][/quote]Don't you think Ron that it's strange We're getting all these news items how wonderful he is now the elections are coming up.? Have you noticed too, in the letters page each week now there seems to be a letter by some political party person? Do you think Andrew George is any good? Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 3

8:40pm Sun 6 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

meerkats wrote:
DCI Jen wrote:
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .
Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.[/p][/quote]i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .[/p][/quote]Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 9

10:41am Mon 7 Jul 14

meerkats says...

Mark Porthleven wrote:
meerkats wrote:
DCI Jen wrote:
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .
Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down.
I have previously said that i will no longer reply to your comments , but after reading your latest effort , i would like to ask you what your actual problem is with me . ? i dont know you yet you are continually having a go at me on any comment i make. As for saying i am voting your comments down is lies as i do not bother with thumbs up/down etc and dont see why you have accused me of it. Not that its any of your business but i was genuinely ill and it was not an excuse. If you have a problem though i have no idea why i would like to know.
[quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.[/p][/quote]i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .[/p][/quote]Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down.[/p][/quote]I have previously said that i will no longer reply to your comments , but after reading your latest effort , i would like to ask you what your actual problem is with me . ? i dont know you yet you are continually having a go at me on any comment i make. As for saying i am voting your comments down is lies as i do not bother with thumbs up/down etc and dont see why you have accused me of it. Not that its any of your business but i was genuinely ill and it was not an excuse. If you have a problem though i have no idea why i would like to know. meerkats
  • Score: -1

10:57am Mon 7 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

meerkats wrote:
Mark Porthleven wrote:
meerkats wrote:
DCI Jen wrote:
I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too.


'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.
i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .
Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down.
I have previously said that i will no longer reply to your comments , but after reading your latest effort , i would like to ask you what your actual problem is with me . ? i dont know you yet you are continually having a go at me on any comment i make. As for saying i am voting your comments down is lies as i do not bother with thumbs up/down etc and dont see why you have accused me of it. Not that its any of your business but i was genuinely ill and it was not an excuse. If you have a problem though i have no idea why i would like to know.
Never said you weren't ill, was talking about you thumbing my comments down on this news item, which you had read because you commented. Don't have a particular problem with you or anyone on here, you're the one that's always moaning about getting thumbs down and why don't people leave a comment when thumbing down. Well not everyone comments on the website but they still probably vote, so don't assume its always the commenters that thumb your comments down. Just because I disagree with your opinion you think I have a problem with you.
How goods your memory? My last comment to you was taking the rise, because of the comment you left me before on another topic, saying don't forget the news item is about whatever, and not an excuse to have a go at Cllr Wallis.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mark Porthleven[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DCI Jen[/bold] wrote: I think this charity event is good because it's something you don't really need any experience or expertise in, to join in, and of course it's all in aid of an ongoing good cause. Nice that a local singer is supporting it too. 'Mark Porthleven', are you deliberately trying to wind people up or are you just perhaps genuinely stupid.[/p][/quote]i agree with your comment and think you have hit the nail on the head re Mark Porthleven, he has now wrongly accused me of thumbing him down without leaving a comment myself. I wouldnt do that and as i have actually been ill in bed since Friday i am only now catching up .[/p][/quote]Remember the news item is about the charity event, not an excuse to make out you didn't vote my comments down.[/p][/quote]I have previously said that i will no longer reply to your comments , but after reading your latest effort , i would like to ask you what your actual problem is with me . ? i dont know you yet you are continually having a go at me on any comment i make. As for saying i am voting your comments down is lies as i do not bother with thumbs up/down etc and dont see why you have accused me of it. Not that its any of your business but i was genuinely ill and it was not an excuse. If you have a problem though i have no idea why i would like to know.[/p][/quote]Never said you weren't ill, was talking about you thumbing my comments down on this news item, which you had read because you commented. Don't have a particular problem with you or anyone on here, you're the one that's always moaning about getting thumbs down and why don't people leave a comment when thumbing down. Well not everyone comments on the website but they still probably vote, so don't assume its always the commenters that thumb your comments down. Just because I disagree with your opinion you think I have a problem with you. How goods your memory? My last comment to you was taking the rise, because of the comment you left me before on another topic, saying don't forget the news item is about whatever, and not an excuse to have a go at Cllr Wallis. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 2

10:59am Mon 7 Jul 14

Mark Porthleven says...

And I wish the packet would get on and sort out the email updates on comments, talk about a half baked website.
And I wish the packet would get on and sort out the email updates on comments, talk about a half baked website. Mark Porthleven
  • Score: 1
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree