'Queen of Shops' Mary Portas on the look out for Falmouth businesses

'Queen of Shops' Mary Portas on the look out for Falmouth businesses

'Queen of Shops' Mary Portas on the look out for Falmouth businesses

First published in Cornwall

Retail expert Mary Portas is back with a new TV series offering help to independent shops and businesses - and she wants them to be from Falmouth.

Optomen Television, the BAFTA-winning TV production company behind shows such as The Great British Menu and Heston Blumenthal's Feast, will be making the series that will see Mary offer her insight, ideas and expertise on improving the customers' experience.

The show's producers are currently looking for independent retailers in the Falmouth area that could benefit from Mary's help.

They are keen to hear from any business owners or managers who would like fresh ideas to bring customers through the door and put money in the till.

Anyone who feels their business could benefit should email mary@optomen.com or call 0203 227 5987.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:46am Tue 24 Jun 14

meerkats says...

Not interested in Helston after all then ?
Not interested in Helston after all then ? meerkats
  • Score: 8

11:56am Tue 24 Jun 14

Gill Z Martin says...

I am in Falmouth this morning and it does not look like it needs much help to me. It is already a BID town with lots to offer. I suggest Mary Portas just wants to make herself some money doing a TV series, incorporating a place with an idilic backdrop.
Looking on the bright side, if the TV advertising attracts extra visitors to Falmouth, that will be a good thing.
I am in Falmouth this morning and it does not look like it needs much help to me. It is already a BID town with lots to offer. I suggest Mary Portas just wants to make herself some money doing a TV series, incorporating a place with an idilic backdrop. Looking on the bright side, if the TV advertising attracts extra visitors to Falmouth, that will be a good thing. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 12

12:36pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Gill Z Martin says...

meerkats wrote:
Not interested in Helston after all then ?
Looking on the bright side, Helston does not need Mary Portas, the HBIP are doing a great job.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Not interested in Helston after all then ?[/p][/quote]Looking on the bright side, Helston does not need Mary Portas, the HBIP are doing a great job. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 3

1:39pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Helston John says...

Gill Z Martin wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Not interested in Helston after all then ?
Looking on the bright side, Helston does not need Mary Portas, the HBIP are doing a great job.
Your comment was thumbed down, so either people think Helston does need Mary Portas or they think the BIP isn't doing a great job, so why don't they just post and say so,,,,
I think Helston doesn't need Mary Portas, She came up with some rubbish ideas for Liskeared didn't she? and didn't help them in the end? Thats what I heard anyway, don't think people want her help,,, another government invented job.
[quote][p][bold]Gill Z Martin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Not interested in Helston after all then ?[/p][/quote]Looking on the bright side, Helston does not need Mary Portas, the HBIP are doing a great job.[/p][/quote]Your comment was thumbed down, so either people think Helston does need Mary Portas or they think the BIP isn't doing a great job, so why don't they just post and say so,,,, I think Helston doesn't need Mary Portas, She came up with some rubbish ideas for Liskeared didn't she? and didn't help them in the end? Thats what I heard anyway, don't think people want her help,,, another government invented job. Helston John
  • Score: 12

1:40pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Helston John says...

meerkats wrote:
Not interested in Helston after all then ?
So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Not interested in Helston after all then ?[/p][/quote]So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't. Helston John
  • Score: 10

2:27pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Helston fly on the wall says...

Oh come on!! Helston doesn't need Ms Portas. Where has she really done any good. Just promoting herself.
Oh come on!! Helston doesn't need Ms Portas. Where has she really done any good. Just promoting herself. Helston fly on the wall
  • Score: 12

2:33pm Tue 24 Jun 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Not interested in Helston after all then ?
So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't.
I didnt actually say that i think Helston needs Mary Portas and after looking in the archives for Liskeard ,i agree that she didnt do much to help them in the end and a lot of money was wasted on the wrong things. As Gill has already said the HBIP are doing a great job already.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Not interested in Helston after all then ?[/p][/quote]So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't.[/p][/quote]I didnt actually say that i think Helston needs Mary Portas and after looking in the archives for Liskeard ,i agree that she didnt do much to help them in the end and a lot of money was wasted on the wrong things. As Gill has already said the HBIP are doing a great job already. meerkats
  • Score: 7

3:13pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Helston John says...

meerkats wrote:
Helston John wrote:
meerkats wrote:
Not interested in Helston after all then ?
So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't.
I didnt actually say that i think Helston needs Mary Portas and after looking in the archives for Liskeard ,i agree that she didnt do much to help them in the end and a lot of money was wasted on the wrong things. As Gill has already said the HBIP are doing a great job already.
You are right, you didn't say that. Would be interesting to know why a couple of weeks ago it was reported she would probably be helping Helston now it's changed to Falmouth. Did they not want her in Helston I wonder? Or did she decide Falmouth was better for her image and tv show? Answers on a postcard please.
[quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]meerkats[/bold] wrote: Not interested in Helston after all then ?[/p][/quote]So you think Helston needs Mary Portas then? I don't.[/p][/quote]I didnt actually say that i think Helston needs Mary Portas and after looking in the archives for Liskeard ,i agree that she didnt do much to help them in the end and a lot of money was wasted on the wrong things. As Gill has already said the HBIP are doing a great job already.[/p][/quote]You are right, you didn't say that. Would be interesting to know why a couple of weeks ago it was reported she would probably be helping Helston now it's changed to Falmouth. Did they not want her in Helston I wonder? Or did she decide Falmouth was better for her image and tv show? Answers on a postcard please. Helston John
  • Score: 8

3:38pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Kernowkarmann says...

Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV.

As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless:

a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general

b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly
Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV. As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless: a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly Kernowkarmann
  • Score: 11

3:58pm Tue 24 Jun 14

meerkats says...

Kernowkarmann wrote:
Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV.

As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless:

a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general

b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly
The Caroline Quentin programmes were awful .
[quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV. As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless: a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly[/p][/quote]The Caroline Quentin programmes were awful . meerkats
  • Score: 8

4:11pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Gill Z Martin says...

Kernowkarmann wrote:
Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV.

As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless:

a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general

b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly
If she was doing it for the right reasons, should she not be doing it in a town that really does need help!
[quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV. As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless: a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly[/p][/quote]If she was doing it for the right reasons, should she not be doing it in a town that really does need help! Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 9

4:21pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Helston John says...

Kernowkarmann wrote:
Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV.

As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless:

a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general

b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly
Falmouth is not only prettier but probably has a better selection of hotels and b&bs for the film crew to stay in.
[quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: Whether you're from one or the other, the simple fact (according to me!) is that Falmouth is a prettier town and will look better on TV. As mentioned in a previous post this could be good for the town, unless: a) she portrays Falmouth as an impoverished place when as Gill mentioned it is actually thriving in general b) it's done in the flouncy Caroline Quentin way where everyone who lives down here is called Tilly and Milly[/p][/quote]Falmouth is not only prettier but probably has a better selection of hotels and b&bs for the film crew to stay in. Helston John
  • Score: 6

2:10pm Wed 25 Jun 14

krazyitchkatie says...

I've tried contacting her on lots of occasions to pick up on promoting Helston after she congratulated us on Town Team of the Year award. But not a peep in return :-(
I've tried contacting her on lots of occasions to pick up on promoting Helston after she congratulated us on Town Team of the Year award. But not a peep in return :-( krazyitchkatie
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Wed 25 Jun 14

TheOriginaDelboy says...

Don't want to split hairs, but if you are past Truro, Helston is in the Falmouth area.

No one including Mary ever said that she was coming to Helston. She only ever commented that she liked our Portas Bid video and supported us becoming Town Team of the Year then congratulated us when we did.

The town team were exchanging messages with her and her assistant at one point but due to diary commitments it was never written in stone that she would be heading to Helston.
Don't want to split hairs, but if you are past Truro, Helston is in the Falmouth area. No one including Mary ever said that she was coming to Helston. She only ever commented that she liked our Portas Bid video and supported us becoming Town Team of the Year then congratulated us when we did. The town team were exchanging messages with her and her assistant at one point but due to diary commitments it was never written in stone that she would be heading to Helston. TheOriginaDelboy
  • Score: -6

4:04pm Wed 25 Jun 14

Gill Z Martin says...

TheOriginaDelboy wrote:
Don't want to split hairs, but if you are past Truro, Helston is in the Falmouth area.

No one including Mary ever said that she was coming to Helston. She only ever commented that she liked our Portas Bid video and supported us becoming Town Team of the Year then congratulated us when we did.

The town team were exchanging messages with her and her assistant at one point but due to diary commitments it was never written in stone that she would be heading to Helston.
Packet article 21st June "could Mary Portas be back to help Helston shops"

I suppose this could be why some people may have thought she was coming to Helston!

The article stated anyone who thought their business could benefit could email.
[quote][p][bold]TheOriginaDelboy[/bold] wrote: Don't want to split hairs, but if you are past Truro, Helston is in the Falmouth area. No one including Mary ever said that she was coming to Helston. She only ever commented that she liked our Portas Bid video and supported us becoming Town Team of the Year then congratulated us when we did. The town team were exchanging messages with her and her assistant at one point but due to diary commitments it was never written in stone that she would be heading to Helston.[/p][/quote]Packet article 21st June "could Mary Portas be back to help Helston shops" I suppose this could be why some people may have thought she was coming to Helston! The article stated anyone who thought their business could benefit could email. Gill Z Martin
  • Score: 4

8:27pm Wed 25 Jun 14

Helston John says...

Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other.
Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other. Helston John
  • Score: 5

8:33pm Wed 25 Jun 14

Helston John says...

With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth. Helston John
  • Score: 5

9:17pm Wed 25 Jun 14

meerkats says...

Helston John wrote:
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
Well said .
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.[/p][/quote]Well said . meerkats
  • Score: 3

12:12pm Thu 26 Jun 14

Kernowkarmann says...

Helston John wrote:
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.[/p][/quote]then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth? Kernowkarmann
  • Score: -3

12:47pm Thu 26 Jun 14

Helston John says...

Kernowkarmann wrote:
Helston John wrote:
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?
All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,,
[quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.[/p][/quote]then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?[/p][/quote]All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,, Helston John
  • Score: 5

6:36pm Thu 26 Jun 14

ereinoesyou says...

Helston John wrote:
Kernowkarmann wrote:
Helston John wrote:
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?
All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,,
Truro is 01872.....
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.[/p][/quote]then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?[/p][/quote]All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,,[/p][/quote]Truro is 01872..... ereinoesyou
  • Score: 1

6:49pm Thu 26 Jun 14

Helston John says...

ereinoesyou wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Kernowkarmann wrote:
Helston John wrote:
With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.
then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?
All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,,
Truro is 01872.....
Yeah I made a mistake I meant all numbers from the Falmouth exchange are 01326 but each individual area still has its own code like Helston they begin with 5 and the Lizard is different etc. The argument is anyway that I think Delboy is talking rubbish trying to say that there was no mention of Mary Portas ever coming to Helston when the Packet article Gill mentions in her post clearly shows Helston was a possibility, what he says doesn't tie up with what Katie says and the article says,,,,, shows how disorganised the BIP are.
[quote][p][bold]ereinoesyou[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kernowkarmann[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: With ref to " is in the Falmouth area" what a load of twaddle, Helston is in the Lizard area or the Porthleven area or the Camborne area or the Penzance area,,,,,, no, Helston is Helston and Falmouth is Falmouth.[/p][/quote]then why does it have the same phone code as Falmouth?[/p][/quote]All numbers from Truro phone exchange have 01326 but they all have their own area codes, Falmouth numbers don't all begin with 5 like Helston ones do and other areas have their own codes like the Lizard won't be the same as Helston. If Delboy is trying to class Helston as Falmouth then why are Falmouth carparks dearer? In that case then Helston should share your BID team,,,,[/p][/quote]Truro is 01872.....[/p][/quote]Yeah I made a mistake I meant all numbers from the Falmouth exchange are 01326 but each individual area still has its own code like Helston they begin with 5 and the Lizard is different etc. The argument is anyway that I think Delboy is talking rubbish trying to say that there was no mention of Mary Portas ever coming to Helston when the Packet article Gill mentions in her post clearly shows Helston was a possibility, what he says doesn't tie up with what Katie says and the article says,,,,, shows how disorganised the BIP are. Helston John
  • Score: 2

6:55pm Thu 26 Jun 14

Helston John says...

Could be why meerkats mentioned Portas not coming to Helston now, because that is exactly what the packet article gave the impression of, but knowing Helston BIP, no one bothered emailing at that particular time probably, the BIP probably think they don't need Portas which they don't I think.
Could be why meerkats mentioned Portas not coming to Helston now, because that is exactly what the packet article gave the impression of, but knowing Helston BIP, no one bothered emailing at that particular time probably, the BIP probably think they don't need Portas which they don't I think. Helston John
  • Score: 3

2:24pm Sun 29 Jun 14

krazyitchkatie says...

Helston John wrote:
Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other.
Shoot, sorry, you're right. It's all our fault, whatever it is.
[quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other.[/p][/quote]Shoot, sorry, you're right. It's all our fault, whatever it is. krazyitchkatie
  • Score: 1

4:06pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Helston John says...

krazyitchkatie wrote:
Helston John wrote:
Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other.
Shoot, sorry, you're right. It's all our fault, whatever it is.
No I wouldn't do that, I think the BIP don't do a bad job,,,,,and they certainly don't need Mary Portas. If anything I think it's Mary Portas that needs the towns, to keep her in a job,,,,who can complain at a group that does free cleaning in our town :)
[quote][p][bold]krazyitchkatie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Helston John[/bold] wrote: Katie and Delboy are both members of the BIP yet one half doesn't seem to know what the other half is doing in the BIP,,,, I've just read that article mentioned by Gill, and it clearly gives the impression Mary Portas might have come to Helston if businesses get in touch if they think they could benefit, so did no businesses bother to get in touch? Then Katie posts on here and says she emailed and got no response. I think the BIP needs to get their act together and communicate with each other.[/p][/quote]Shoot, sorry, you're right. It's all our fault, whatever it is.[/p][/quote]No I wouldn't do that, I think the BIP don't do a bad job,,,,,and they certainly don't need Mary Portas. If anything I think it's Mary Portas that needs the towns, to keep her in a job,,,,who can complain at a group that does free cleaning in our town :) Helston John
  • Score: 3

10:00am Mon 30 Jun 14

telstar1962 says...

Helston blatantly does not need anyone else to help combat the negative impact the Supermarkets continue to have.

If anything, the Town needs less people with their titles and meetings, and more action now, not tomorrow.
Helston blatantly does not need anyone else to help combat the negative impact the Supermarkets continue to have. If anything, the Town needs less people with their titles and meetings, and more action now, not tomorrow. telstar1962
  • Score: 3

12:59pm Mon 30 Jun 14

krazyitchkatie says...

telstar1962 wrote:
Helston blatantly does not need anyone else to help combat the negative impact the Supermarkets continue to have.

If anything, the Town needs less people with their titles and meetings, and more action now, not tomorrow.
Get on it then! lol

And thank you Helston John :)
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: Helston blatantly does not need anyone else to help combat the negative impact the Supermarkets continue to have. If anything, the Town needs less people with their titles and meetings, and more action now, not tomorrow.[/p][/quote]Get on it then! lol And thank you Helston John :) krazyitchkatie
  • Score: 4

1:50pm Mon 30 Jun 14

telstar1962 says...

I would get on it, but I live well outside your 3 mile exclusion zone lol
I would get on it, but I live well outside your 3 mile exclusion zone lol telstar1962
  • Score: -5

4:32pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Helston John says...

telstar1962 wrote:
I would get on it, but I live well outside your 3 mile exclusion zone lol
That's no excuse, doesn't stop anyone helping the BIP.
[quote][p][bold]telstar1962[/bold] wrote: I would get on it, but I live well outside your 3 mile exclusion zone lol[/p][/quote]That's no excuse, doesn't stop anyone helping the BIP. Helston John
  • Score: 6

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree