Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Las Vegas night in Helston for charity
9:00am Monday 18th March 2013 in Cornwall
Las Vegas is the inspiration for a fundraising night in Helston later this year.
This will take place at the Godolphin Club on Saturday, July 27 and organiser Maria Bury has released the date early in the hope that people will not only put it in their diaries but give their support to a fundraising auction.
The evening, running from 7.30pm until late, will be raising money for Brainwave, a charity that helps children with brain injuries such as cerebral palsy.
Maria’s daughter Phoebe has the condition and the charity has helped draw up a daily exercise plan to help her progress and meet her goals.
Of the money raised 20 per cent will go towards helping fund Phoebe’s sessions, with the remaining 80 per cent going to the charity to help others.
Tickets cost £10, which comes with 50 ‘dollars’ worth of ‘fun money’ to spend on the blackjack and roulette casino tables. If lady luck is absent to begin with, more ‘money’ can be bought on the night.
Those attending can also take a strong down ‘Love Lane’ where they can take a trip to the Eiffel Tower to get engaged, then onto Vegas to get married by Elvis and finally head to New York and the Statue of Liberty for their honeymoon.
At each place the happy couples can have their picture taken, which will get put into a folder along with their ‘marriage certificate’ all for a fee of £5.
Thankfully what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, so any of the couples deciding they rushed into ‘marriage’ a little too hastily will be happy to learn nothing is legal.
The evening will also include an auction that will include a signed Olly Murs T-shirt and various other lots. For tickets call 07711 996514 or 07889 832306.