Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Boarding school evacuated after Truro fire
8:00am Saturday 12th January 2013 in Cornwall
Boarding pupils at Truro School were evacuated on Thursday evening after a fire in a deep fat frier.
Two fire appliances from Truro Community Fire Station were called out to the fire in a kitchen.
With firefighters wearing breathing apparatus using one hosereel, foam and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire by just after 6pm.
The firefighters remained on scene for a further one hour and no one was injured in the fire.
Everything was reported to be back to normal on Friday, with meals are being prepared and served as usual.
Comments are closed on this article.