Blaze at Pittards

FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a blaze in Pittards factory on Sherborne Road, Yeovil, at 8.32am today.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said the fire was caused by an overheated roller system, which was giving off lots of smoke.

He added: "On-site staff tackled the blaze using handheld fire extinguishers.

"Crews assisted by committing a team of breathing apparatus wearers to enter the risk area and ventilate the property using positive pressure ventilation fans.

"The damage from the fire was confined to the machinery and the oil had become contaminated as a result.

"Crews advised staff to strip down the heating elements in the machine before leaving it unattended.

"The duty of care was then handed to on site personnel."

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree