FIRE crews were called to Bridgwater after reports a fire at a bank had caused a gas leak.
Two engines from Bridgwater were called to Fore Street to check a gas cylinder after a small fire at 2.50pm.
The bank is believed to be HSBC.
There had been an electrical fire in an ATM machine which activiated the gas suppression system to put the fire out.
Crews used two breathing apparatus and a gas detection monitor to check the ATM and used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke in the bank.
The cause of the fire was accidental due to an electrical fault and duty of care was left with the staff.