Plans reviewed for River Parrett flood defence barrier

An early concept design of how the River Parrett flood defence barrier could look. Photo: submitted.

An early concept design of how the River Parrett flood defence barrier could look. Photo: submitted.

First published in News by

THE prospect of a River Parrett flood defence barrier being created downstream of Bridgwater has taken a step closer to becoming reality.

More than 60 researchers, consultants and councillors met during a technical workshop held at Sedgemoor District Council’s offices last week to discuss possible design options for the project.

The purpose of the workshop, organised by the Environment Agency and Sedgemoor District Council, was to give an update of the flood risk in the catchment and outline options for mitigating it.

John Buttivant, coastal engineer for the Environment Agency, said: “We are currently building a detailed model which looks at the water flowing into and out of the rivers systems across the Somerset Levels and Moors.

“The modelling will provide evidence to understand the wider benefits of a River Parrett barrier.

“This work will allow an informed decision on the preferred solution.”

As mentioned in the Somerset Levels and Moors 20-year Flood Action Plan, a barrier to the River Parrett is needed to address the impact of sea level rise and protect Bridgwater from flooding.

A tidal surge barrier would protect the tidal Parrett and Tone upstream of Bridgwater from the effects of extreme high tide and surges.

But it is estimated that it will be three to five years before construction starts and is likely to take a further three to five years to complete.

The workshop saw presentations and discussions from national experts and constructive feedback from all parties, who agreed to work together to deliver what the Minister has asked for by the 2024 deadline as identified in the 20-year flood action plan.

A spokesman for SDC said: “There are already permissions and processes already agreed to construct a surge barrier. “The group will review this to make sure that this technical solution is the best possible option. A report will be complied by September which will set out the way forward.

“During the summer, a working group will be keeping up the momentum that has been generated from the meeting today (Friday).”

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:48pm Fri 6 Jun 14

MR.GOF says...

Look`s great,now let`s get building.3-5 years to start why?..have you seen how high the king sedgemoor drain is now!..here we go again...
Look`s great,now let`s get building.3-5 years to start why?..have you seen how high the king sedgemoor drain is now!..here we go again... MR.GOF
  • Score: 6

8:56am Sun 8 Jun 14

LookingForLiars says...

The spirit of D-Day would be lost on these people. If 1944 happened again we would be in big trouble.
They will spend more money talking about it, rather than doing it. This is a good example of what's gone wrong with Briton today !!!
The importants of dredging the Sowy river and keeping the Dunball sluice working properly I fear has been over looked.
The spirit of D-Day would be lost on these people. If 1944 happened again we would be in big trouble. They will spend more money talking about it, rather than doing it. This is a good example of what's gone wrong with Briton today !!! The importants of dredging the Sowy river and keeping the Dunball sluice working properly I fear has been over looked. LookingForLiars
  • Score: 7

12:36am Wed 11 Jun 14

Blurby Monster says...

Whose palm you got to grease to get a contract if it goes ahead?. Im not a busturding diddicoy - dont even know how you spell it. Just keep on tooting ur horns when ur driving past where Im living, we need all the suppoort we can get, I never did it anyway, a lot of it has been the kid, even if people think I did it and its my busturdung DNA they got on their datebase.
Whose palm you got to grease to get a contract if it goes ahead?. Im not a busturding diddicoy - dont even know how you spell it. Just keep on tooting ur horns when ur driving past where Im living, we need all the suppoort we can get, I never did it anyway, a lot of it has been the kid, even if people think I did it and its my busturdung DNA they got on their datebase. Blurby Monster
  • Score: -3

10:34am Wed 11 Jun 14

Blue Owl says...

Here we are, with the perfect Opportunity to build a River Parrett Sluice, incorporating a road on the top to take traffic away from our roads through Bridgwater.
20+ years ago a scheme then was to Take a crossing point from Dunball - Combwich for the then proposed Hinkley C power station.

So Why ???? Can this not be adopted within this present scheme !!!!!
David L Preece Former Councillor
Blue-Owl
Here we are, with the perfect Opportunity to build a River Parrett Sluice, incorporating a road on the top to take traffic away from our roads through Bridgwater. 20+ years ago a scheme then was to Take a crossing point from Dunball - Combwich for the then proposed Hinkley C power station. So Why ???? Can this not be adopted within this present scheme !!!!! David L Preece Former Councillor Blue-Owl Blue Owl
  • Score: 3

10:46am Wed 11 Jun 14

Blue Owl says...

A further 3-5 years Talking , meetings then another 3-5 years Construction. !!!
No wonder the bridge into Colley Lane Ind Est from Taunton Rd, 4-5 years and still no signs of work to start or Completion, SCC keep coming up with reasons as to the Delays ??????
Hinkley C Is already Slipping from its original Build Construction time of 2020/2022, therefore if they got on and Mede decisions to build the Barrage, it could be within 3 years Built and Operational !!!
Therefore minimising the Hinkley C impact on Bridgwater 's traffic.....
If they can close a Motorway over 2 nights and swing a Precast Bridge over 8
Lanes of Carriage ways, once the Supports have been engineered, then 12 months could see it in place.
Where there is a Will, there is a Way !!!
But, I am afraid, it seems the will is not there to do the Right Thing !!! For our future In Bridgwater and surrounding Districts.
David L Preece
Blue-Owl
A further 3-5 years Talking , meetings then another 3-5 years Construction. !!! No wonder the bridge into Colley Lane Ind Est from Taunton Rd, 4-5 years and still no signs of work to start or Completion, SCC keep coming up with reasons as to the Delays ?????? Hinkley C Is already Slipping from its original Build Construction time of 2020/2022, therefore if they got on and Mede decisions to build the Barrage, it could be within 3 years Built and Operational !!! Therefore minimising the Hinkley C impact on Bridgwater 's traffic..... If they can close a Motorway over 2 nights and swing a Precast Bridge over 8 Lanes of Carriage ways, once the Supports have been engineered, then 12 months could see it in place. Where there is a Will, there is a Way !!! But, I am afraid, it seems the will is not there to do the Right Thing !!! For our future In Bridgwater and surrounding Districts. David L Preece Blue-Owl Blue Owl
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Wed 11 Jun 14

lovelysunshinefluffybunny says...

Hey Dave, is it true you're standing for election as a Councillor again in 2015?
Hey Dave, is it true you're standing for election as a Councillor again in 2015? lovelysunshinefluffybunny
  • Score: -2

1:35pm Wed 11 Jun 14

MartinB58 says...

Blue Owl wrote:
Here we are, with the perfect Opportunity to build a River Parrett Sluice, incorporating a road on the top to take traffic away from our roads through Bridgwater.
20+ years ago a scheme then was to Take a crossing point from Dunball - Combwich for the then proposed Hinkley C power station.

So Why ???? Can this not be adopted within this present scheme !!!!!
David L Preece Former Councillor
Blue-Owl
Well said Mr Preece, a good opportunity to relive two problems in one go. Could certainly save Bridgwater from gridlock for the next who knows how many years and if it reduced flooding further upstream all the better.
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: Here we are, with the perfect Opportunity to build a River Parrett Sluice, incorporating a road on the top to take traffic away from our roads through Bridgwater. 20+ years ago a scheme then was to Take a crossing point from Dunball - Combwich for the then proposed Hinkley C power station. So Why ???? Can this not be adopted within this present scheme !!!!! David L Preece Former Councillor Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]Well said Mr Preece, a good opportunity to relive two problems in one go. Could certainly save Bridgwater from gridlock for the next who knows how many years and if it reduced flooding further upstream all the better. MartinB58
  • Score: 1

5:50pm Wed 11 Jun 14

the voice of common sense says...

Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical
Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical the voice of common sense
  • Score: 3

5:56pm Wed 11 Jun 14

the voice of common sense says...

Sorry forgot the tree huggers, bunny lovers and the elver fishers who will all object at the planning stage, if it ever gets that far, dragging it all out for years and years. Then of course we will have difficulty in purchasing the land needed for this project, that's the most recent excuse for not building the colley lane relief road. Not that it was a problem in taunton who went from an idea to building their latest relief road in about a year
Sorry forgot the tree huggers, bunny lovers and the elver fishers who will all object at the planning stage, if it ever gets that far, dragging it all out for years and years. Then of course we will have difficulty in purchasing the land needed for this project, that's the most recent excuse for not building the colley lane relief road. Not that it was a problem in taunton who went from an idea to building their latest relief road in about a year the voice of common sense
  • Score: 3

7:46pm Wed 11 Jun 14

Blue Owl says...

Why would it interest you, as to my possible intentions or not as to standing in next years District Council Elections. The last 3 years of not being re-elected has allowed me to enjoy my Grandchildren growing up, @ 3 and 7.
To be an effective Councillor, sitting on Numerous Commitees and Meetings accounted for around 30 hours a week, for £3300. Per Annum. In 8 years I never Claimed any expenses back. Of course with all the Back Handers " Brown Envelopes that we all received, Ha Ha!! Who needed to put expenses claims in ............Sorry, my Humour, as everyone Presumes and assumes that this actually occurs, Sorry to disappoint you, never have I been offered as much as a Three Course Lunch .!!!!
Over the last three years, I still have been actively involved with Bridgwaters
Expansion, trying still to get involved with the Hinkley C Highways, inaction from SCC, canvassing SCC, to keep them aware of ' Need for a Relief Road, for Bridgwater.'
Never Say Never, in Politics.
David L Preece
Blue-Owl
Why would it interest you, as to my possible intentions or not as to standing in next years District Council Elections. The last 3 years of not being re-elected has allowed me to enjoy my Grandchildren growing up, @ 3 and 7. To be an effective Councillor, sitting on Numerous Commitees and Meetings accounted for around 30 hours a week, for £3300. Per Annum. In 8 years I never Claimed any expenses back. Of course with all the Back Handers " Brown Envelopes that we all received, Ha Ha!! Who needed to put expenses claims in ............Sorry, my Humour, as everyone Presumes and assumes that this actually occurs, Sorry to disappoint you, never have I been offered as much as a Three Course Lunch .!!!! Over the last three years, I still have been actively involved with Bridgwaters Expansion, trying still to get involved with the Hinkley C Highways, inaction from SCC, canvassing SCC, to keep them aware of ' Need for a Relief Road, for Bridgwater.' Never Say Never, in Politics. David L Preece Blue-Owl Blue Owl
  • Score: -3

7:25am Thu 12 Jun 14

freddie_mercury_undercover_reporter says...

Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people.........
Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people......... freddie_mercury_undercover_reporter
  • Score: 4

9:12am Thu 12 Jun 14

Anonymous Me says...

the voice of common sense wrote:
Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical
The "money no object" statement regarded the immediate short term relief of those poor so-and-so's effected by the floods, NOT a blank cheque for ever and ever. I'm no supporter of the PM, just correcting the mis-held perception that the TV media like to mis-quote to stir up from time to time.
[quote][p][bold]the voice of common sense[/bold] wrote: Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical[/p][/quote]The "money no object" statement regarded the immediate short term relief of those poor so-and-so's effected by the floods, NOT a blank cheque for ever and ever. I'm no supporter of the PM, just correcting the mis-held perception that the TV media like to mis-quote to stir up from time to time. Anonymous Me
  • Score: 1

1:20pm Thu 12 Jun 14

lovelysunshinefluffybunny says...

Blue Owl wrote:
Why would it interest you, as to my possible intentions or not as to standing in next years District Council Elections. The last 3 years of not being re-elected has allowed me to enjoy my Grandchildren growing up, @ 3 and 7.
To be an effective Councillor, sitting on Numerous Commitees and Meetings accounted for around 30 hours a week, for £3300. Per Annum. In 8 years I never Claimed any expenses back. Of course with all the Back Handers " Brown Envelopes that we all received, Ha Ha!! Who needed to put expenses claims in ............Sorry, my Humour, as everyone Presumes and assumes that this actually occurs, Sorry to disappoint you, never have I been offered as much as a Three Course Lunch .!!!!
Over the last three years, I still have been actively involved with Bridgwaters
Expansion, trying still to get involved with the Hinkley C Highways, inaction from SCC, canvassing SCC, to keep them aware of ' Need for a Relief Road, for Bridgwater.'
Never Say Never, in Politics.
David L Preece
Blue-Owl
Well, I was considering voting for you if you did stand but, given the tone of that reply, I don't think I'll bother.
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: Why would it interest you, as to my possible intentions or not as to standing in next years District Council Elections. The last 3 years of not being re-elected has allowed me to enjoy my Grandchildren growing up, @ 3 and 7. To be an effective Councillor, sitting on Numerous Commitees and Meetings accounted for around 30 hours a week, for £3300. Per Annum. In 8 years I never Claimed any expenses back. Of course with all the Back Handers " Brown Envelopes that we all received, Ha Ha!! Who needed to put expenses claims in ............Sorry, my Humour, as everyone Presumes and assumes that this actually occurs, Sorry to disappoint you, never have I been offered as much as a Three Course Lunch .!!!! Over the last three years, I still have been actively involved with Bridgwaters Expansion, trying still to get involved with the Hinkley C Highways, inaction from SCC, canvassing SCC, to keep them aware of ' Need for a Relief Road, for Bridgwater.' Never Say Never, in Politics. David L Preece Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]Well, I was considering voting for you if you did stand but, given the tone of that reply, I don't think I'll bother. lovelysunshinefluffybunny
  • Score: 3

6:46pm Thu 12 Jun 14

the voice of common sense says...

Anonymous Me wrote:
the voice of common sense wrote:
Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical
The "money no object" statement regarded the immediate short term relief of those poor so-and-so's effected by the floods, NOT a blank cheque for ever and ever. I'm no supporter of the PM, just correcting the mis-held perception that the TV media like to mis-quote to stir up from time to time.
This is not a misquote, it was said during a long interview on national T.V. meaning that no matter how much it costs, Somerset will, in the long term, be protected from future flooding like we have had for the last two winters.
[quote][p][bold]Anonymous Me[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the voice of common sense[/bold] wrote: Meetings, committees, sub-committees, working parties, reporting groups, public consultation, displays of what it could look like(see above) this charade could run for years and years, spend any money that is put forward, remember "money is no object" said dave when he was wearing his wellies at Moorland. After the next election this will just be pie in the sky. I don't want to be negative, but after seeing how both national and local government shilly-shallies around everything it does make me a little sceptical[/p][/quote]The "money no object" statement regarded the immediate short term relief of those poor so-and-so's effected by the floods, NOT a blank cheque for ever and ever. I'm no supporter of the PM, just correcting the mis-held perception that the TV media like to mis-quote to stir up from time to time.[/p][/quote]This is not a misquote, it was said during a long interview on national T.V. meaning that no matter how much it costs, Somerset will, in the long term, be protected from future flooding like we have had for the last two winters. the voice of common sense
  • Score: 0

8:51am Fri 13 Jun 14

Blue Owl says...

freddie_mercury_unde
rcover_reporter
wrote:
Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people.........
Well why don't you, with all the answers Freddie, stand yourself for the Constituency, as you have great pleasure in knocking me personally, behind your Pseudo Annominity, my Two Terms, as an Elected Councillor taught me a lot, as to just how Local Government works.
It's so easy to criticise from the ringside, just like shouting @ the Ref, at a football match, when you are accountable for the decisions and actions you make, it has a different perspective, on decisions one makes, as it affects real peoples life's.
Freddie, just look at the Comments you Make, in judgement towards me, I should look in your own Perverbial Mirror, and see that it's your Reflection, you are describing.
The facts are, I stood twice as a Conservative in the then Bower Ward, that I live, overturning, with Cllr's Mike Cresswell the Labour Candidate, Monteith.
Labour. Then the Second 4 year Term, my Conservative Councillor David Hall, stood and we Gained all of the 3 Ward Seats from Labour.
Three years ago, after Labour, change the Ward Bounderies, by altering the housing within all the Wards, Surprise , Surprise, all but 2 Conservatives in Quantock Ward were re-elected. It is Called Gerremangering !!!
It's no wonder, the Lab Group were only interested as to what the Newly formed Wards were to be named !!!!!
BTC, 16 Members, 2 Conservative, I went Last night@7.30. Typical meeting
Only one other Member of Bridgwaters Residence there, to plead to the Council and the Police Sergeant Sgt Walls, newly appointed regarding Cyclist cycling on Pavements, Without Lights, jumping red Lights Etc.
Typically, the Local Press Mercury reporter abscent, the last Meeting in May he left before the Conclusion of the Agenda.
So, in conclusion, Freddie, if you would like to Put up or Shut Up, It would give me the Greatest Pleasure, to stand against you in Next Mays Elections, let our Residents decide, that is of course, you can find the 10 Residents, in the Ward for where you stand to sign your Nomination Papers.
It's, funny I have had 3 Labour Councillors asking me, to stand again, as they respect my stance on matters, not always agreeing, but one thing is for certain, I did the best for the Residents of Bower Ward, as one of their Elected Representatives.
David L Preece
Former Cllr. SDC / BTC
Blue-Owl
[quote][p][bold]freddie_mercury_unde rcover_reporter[/bold] wrote: Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people.........[/p][/quote]Well why don't you, with all the answers Freddie, stand yourself for the Constituency, as you have great pleasure in knocking me personally, behind your Pseudo Annominity, my Two Terms, as an Elected Councillor taught me a lot, as to just how Local Government works. It's so easy to criticise from the ringside, just like shouting @ the Ref, at a football match, when you are accountable for the decisions and actions you make, it has a different perspective, on decisions one makes, as it affects real peoples life's. Freddie, just look at the Comments you Make, in judgement towards me, I should look in your own Perverbial Mirror, and see that it's your Reflection, you are describing. The facts are, I stood twice as a Conservative in the then Bower Ward, that I live, overturning, with Cllr's Mike Cresswell the Labour Candidate, Monteith. Labour. Then the Second 4 year Term, my Conservative Councillor David Hall, stood and we Gained all of the 3 Ward Seats from Labour. Three years ago, after Labour, change the Ward Bounderies, by altering the housing within all the Wards, Surprise , Surprise, all but 2 Conservatives in Quantock Ward were re-elected. It is Called Gerremangering !!! It's no wonder, the Lab Group were only interested as to what the Newly formed Wards were to be named !!!!! BTC, 16 Members, 2 Conservative, I went Last night@7.30. Typical meeting Only one other Member of Bridgwaters Residence there, to plead to the Council and the Police Sergeant Sgt Walls, newly appointed regarding Cyclist cycling on Pavements, Without Lights, jumping red Lights Etc. Typically, the Local Press Mercury reporter abscent, the last Meeting in May he left before the Conclusion of the Agenda. So, in conclusion, Freddie, if you would like to Put up or Shut Up, It would give me the Greatest Pleasure, to stand against you in Next Mays Elections, let our Residents decide, that is of course, you can find the 10 Residents, in the Ward for where you stand to sign your Nomination Papers. It's, funny I have had 3 Labour Councillors asking me, to stand again, as they respect my stance on matters, not always agreeing, but one thing is for certain, I did the best for the Residents of Bower Ward, as one of their Elected Representatives. David L Preece Former Cllr. SDC / BTC Blue-Owl Blue Owl
  • Score: -2

7:17pm Fri 13 Jun 14

freddie_mercury_undercover_reporter says...

Blue Owl wrote:
freddie_mercury_unde

rcover_reporter
wrote:
Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people.........
Well why don't you, with all the answers Freddie, stand yourself for the Constituency, as you have great pleasure in knocking me personally, behind your Pseudo Annominity, my Two Terms, as an Elected Councillor taught me a lot, as to just how Local Government works.
It's so easy to criticise from the ringside, just like shouting @ the Ref, at a football match, when you are accountable for the decisions and actions you make, it has a different perspective, on decisions one makes, as it affects real peoples life's.
Freddie, just look at the Comments you Make, in judgement towards me, I should look in your own Perverbial Mirror, and see that it's your Reflection, you are describing.
The facts are, I stood twice as a Conservative in the then Bower Ward, that I live, overturning, with Cllr's Mike Cresswell the Labour Candidate, Monteith.
Labour. Then the Second 4 year Term, my Conservative Councillor David Hall, stood and we Gained all of the 3 Ward Seats from Labour.
Three years ago, after Labour, change the Ward Bounderies, by altering the housing within all the Wards, Surprise , Surprise, all but 2 Conservatives in Quantock Ward were re-elected. It is Called Gerremangering !!!
It's no wonder, the Lab Group were only interested as to what the Newly formed Wards were to be named !!!!!
BTC, 16 Members, 2 Conservative, I went Last night@7.30. Typical meeting
Only one other Member of Bridgwaters Residence there, to plead to the Council and the Police Sergeant Sgt Walls, newly appointed regarding Cyclist cycling on Pavements, Without Lights, jumping red Lights Etc.
Typically, the Local Press Mercury reporter abscent, the last Meeting in May he left before the Conclusion of the Agenda.
So, in conclusion, Freddie, if you would like to Put up or Shut Up, It would give me the Greatest Pleasure, to stand against you in Next Mays Elections, let our Residents decide, that is of course, you can find the 10 Residents, in the Ward for where you stand to sign your Nomination Papers.
It's, funny I have had 3 Labour Councillors asking me, to stand again, as they respect my stance on matters, not always agreeing, but one thing is for certain, I did the best for the Residents of Bower Ward, as one of their Elected Representatives.
David L Preece
Former Cllr. SDC / BTC
Blue-Owl
Cheers Dave, thanks for the invite - i'll mull it over
[quote][p][bold]Blue Owl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]freddie_mercury_unde rcover_reporter[/bold] wrote: Just what the town needs to spruce up its image, a loud, angry, egotistical narcissist with a skewed sense of perspective and the inability to win friends and influence people.........[/p][/quote]Well why don't you, with all the answers Freddie, stand yourself for the Constituency, as you have great pleasure in knocking me personally, behind your Pseudo Annominity, my Two Terms, as an Elected Councillor taught me a lot, as to just how Local Government works. It's so easy to criticise from the ringside, just like shouting @ the Ref, at a football match, when you are accountable for the decisions and actions you make, it has a different perspective, on decisions one makes, as it affects real peoples life's. Freddie, just look at the Comments you Make, in judgement towards me, I should look in your own Perverbial Mirror, and see that it's your Reflection, you are describing. The facts are, I stood twice as a Conservative in the then Bower Ward, that I live, overturning, with Cllr's Mike Cresswell the Labour Candidate, Monteith. Labour. Then the Second 4 year Term, my Conservative Councillor David Hall, stood and we Gained all of the 3 Ward Seats from Labour. Three years ago, after Labour, change the Ward Bounderies, by altering the housing within all the Wards, Surprise , Surprise, all but 2 Conservatives in Quantock Ward were re-elected. It is Called Gerremangering !!! It's no wonder, the Lab Group were only interested as to what the Newly formed Wards were to be named !!!!! BTC, 16 Members, 2 Conservative, I went Last night@7.30. Typical meeting Only one other Member of Bridgwaters Residence there, to plead to the Council and the Police Sergeant Sgt Walls, newly appointed regarding Cyclist cycling on Pavements, Without Lights, jumping red Lights Etc. Typically, the Local Press Mercury reporter abscent, the last Meeting in May he left before the Conclusion of the Agenda. So, in conclusion, Freddie, if you would like to Put up or Shut Up, It would give me the Greatest Pleasure, to stand against you in Next Mays Elections, let our Residents decide, that is of course, you can find the 10 Residents, in the Ward for where you stand to sign your Nomination Papers. It's, funny I have had 3 Labour Councillors asking me, to stand again, as they respect my stance on matters, not always agreeing, but one thing is for certain, I did the best for the Residents of Bower Ward, as one of their Elected Representatives. David L Preece Former Cllr. SDC / BTC Blue-Owl[/p][/quote]Cheers Dave, thanks for the invite - i'll mull it over freddie_mercury_undercover_reporter
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree