Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Campaign launched to help Porlock fire victims
Updated 9:37am Monday 2nd June 2014 in News
A CAMPAIGN to help the families affected by the fire in Porlock is underway.
Two homes in Sparkhayes Lane in Porlock were severely damaged by a devastating fire which started at around 8am on Friday (May 30).
Over the weekend, residents across West Somerset have rallied together raising money, donating clothes and even preparing for an auction to help rebuild the lives of the two families whose homes have been destroyed by the flames.
Michelle Shopland, a friend of one of the families, who has been helping take donations said: "It's important to help because if we don't then who will.
"What happened is so sad and now it's time to help them get back into their homes and get their lives back on track.
"Thanks to my friend Kim Ely who has been helping take donations and everyone else who has been helping in any way.
"Jum and Lisa and Kevin are so grateful to everyone who has helped, thank god they were all okay."
A car boot sale was held in Minehead yesterday which raised £165 and organisers are planning to do another next Sunday.
To donate to the auction, or find out how you can help, call Michelle on 01643-863490.
You can also donate via Paypal by visiting www.exmoor4all.com and following the link there.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has confirmed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
Comments are closed on this article.