Fridge in motor-home catches fire at Bridgwater Train Station

Fridge in motor-home catches fire at Bridgwater Train Station

Fridge in motor-home catches fire at Bridgwater Train Station

First published in News by

THE owner of Dave’s Diner at Bridgwater Train Station had a bit of shock when his fridge caught fire in his motor-home.

The fire service were called to the scene in Wellington Road last Thursday afternoon after a fire broke out due to an electrical fault with a fridge in the motor-home.

The owner of Dave’s Diner, David Whillis, and his friend Andrew Perry were in the vehicle at the time the fire broke out.

Andrew said: “We smelled smoke and thought it was actually someone smoking. Then we realised the fridge was on fire. We tried to put it out with a fire extinguisher but it wasn’t completely out.

“The fire service did a great job and arrived very quickly and we’d like to thank them.”

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, and one hose reel jet.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:58am Fri 21 Mar 14

pwharley says...

It's Bridgwater RAILWAY Station!
It's Bridgwater RAILWAY Station! pwharley
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree