Residents of the flood-hit village of Moorland will have help and advice on their doorstep this week.
Sedgemoor District Council representatives will be based in a portakabin outside Moorland Village Hall, between 10am and 4pm all week. Over the weekend, councillors will be on shift between 10am and 4pm.
Staff and members will be a point of contact to discuss SDC issues and questions and can signpost residents in the right direction. If they cannot answer immediately, they will take details and respond accordingly.
Examples of questions being asked are:
• A need for new recycling bins once residents returned.
• Possible problem with insects now that temperatures rising – help needed
• Pest control – rats and mice in the roof
• How is the Community Fund and Somerset Foundation money being allocated?
• Is it OK for pets to run in garden?
• Residents starting to return living in mobiles on site – do they need planning permission
• Council tax arrangements for mobile homes?
• Roads becoming congested with all tradesmen/sightseers/TV – what is the plan to control traffic?