Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
How YOU can help the Taunton Deane Dragon Trail become a reality
4:51pm Tuesday 18th March 2014 in News
Last week we revealed how a team of volunteers is hoping to boost Taunton Deane’s economy and promote some family fun with a dragon trail along the lines of the successful Gromit Unleashed trail in Bristol.
The trail aims to raise money for good local causes.
Now the team is seeking your help to make the trail a reality and is calling on the community to pull together and get involved.
Spokesman Mike Marshall said: “We’ve had a fantastic response to the Taunton Deane Dragon Trail launch – everyone we have spoken to has been really enthusiastic.
“The project is being put together by volunteers and is so far funded by sponsors.
“It’s not a council project although members of Taunton Deane Council are among those working on the trail.
“To try and raise as much money as possible for charity, we’re aiming to keep the costs down so we’ve come up with a list of ways in which local people could help, whether through offering their expertise, materials or services.”
If you can help in any way with any of the requests below, please contact Mike Marshall on 01823-442294 or 07837-482747.
- Volunteers to help with administration and general project delivery.
- Help with the manufacture and materials for the concrete and wooden bases for the dragon models.
- Specialist advice on commercial law, accounting and insurance.
- Dragon installers.
- Dragons transport.
- Dragon repairs.
- Artists to help paint the dragons and provide artistic advice.
- Empty premises for use by the artists painting Dragons.
- Help sourcing sponsorship and marketing.
Comments are closed on this article.