Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Small cooker fire in Chard
8:33pm Monday 27th January 2014 in News
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a small fire in a cooker in Chard today (January 27).
Two fire enines went to Careline, who monitor a sheltered housing property, in Bradfield Way at 4.06pm the elderly homeowner reported lots of smoke and people were evacuated.
A fire spokesman said: "Shortly after arriving crews confirmed this was a small fire in a cooker and it was out on our arrival.
"It was extinguished by the occupier, by isolating it from the power supply, before evacuating. Crews carried out an inspection only and gave safety advice.
"Damage was slight by smoke and the fire started accidentally. Duty of care was left with the site warden. The elderly occupant was unharmed."
Comments are closed on this article.