OVER £3,000 has been raised in the past week to help equip the Beacon Centre cancer unit at Taunton’s Musgrove Park Hospital.
Donations to the County Gazette-backed Somerset Unit for Radiotherapy Equipment (SURE) include:
- proceeds of a raffle by Wessex Country Market members at Somerton;
- £56 from Chard WI at a carol concert at Wells Cathedral;
- £94.60 commission from a Book People event at Debenhams, in Bedford House;
Wellington United Reform Church, who raised £575 during various coffee mornings;
- Ann and Travis Rowlands raised £175 from organising and providing Christmas lunches to walking groups;
- £1,363 raised at a raffle at the Barleymow Farm Shop and Restaurant;
- Oake Carol Singers raised £255.80 singing around the village;
- Coffee#1 at Wellington raised £120 through a raffle and Santa’s grotto;
- two anonymous donations of £15;
- Karin and Charlie Barker collected £25 in 5p coins;
- Norman Tomkins donated £100, £70 of which is in 5ps;
- staff and customers from Central Hair Studio in Bridgwater collected £66.01;
- £63.27 was collected from the Beacon Centre collection pots and £88.40 in 5ps was collected from the Beacon Centre.
This week’s total of £3,097.08 brings the amount raised since SURE and the County Gazette linked up to £389,681.08.