Man rescued from flat fire in Norton Fitzwarren treated in hospital

This is The West Country: Man rescued from flat fire in Norton Fitzwarren treated in hospital Man rescued from flat fire in Norton Fitzwarren treated in hospital

A MAN has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after being rescued from a blazing flat in Norton Fitzwarren.

Firefighters called to the home in Dabinett Close at around 11.30pm yesterday (Wednesday, January 1) led a man to safety before tackling the fire.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire was in the lounge of a first floor flat, which was heavily smoke logged.

Fire crews gave the man oxygen therapy before he was taken by ambulance to Taunton’s Musgrove Park Hospital, where he was also assisted by a British Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Services team.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree