Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Crime for Yeovil
Street-level crime and anti-social behaviour in from the Home Office.
To protect privacy, crimes are mapped to points on or near the road where they occurred.
- All crime & ASB
- Public disorder & weapons
- Vehicle crime
- Criminal damage & arson
- Violent crime
- Other theft
- Other crime
Street name Crime type
Police station and neighbourhood policing team
Neighbourhood police station
Sherborne Police Station
Sherborne Police Station
- Telephone: 101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherborne Rural Safer Neighbourhood Team neighbourhood policing team
- PCSO Ken Lightfoot
- I am a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) and work as part of my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. It is extremely important that I am out and about in the community, talking to people about local issues. PCSOs work to increase public confidence by reducing not only crime but also the fear of crime. We aim to deter anti-social behaviour and improve the physical appearance of towns and villages as well as to provide reassurance to the community. We are also a main point of contact between members of the public and the police.
- PC Pete Moore
- I work as a Police Constable for my local Safer Neighbourhood Team. My role is varied and typical duties relate to keeping the peace, law enforcement, protection of persons and property, and the investigation of crimes. As an officer I am expected to respond to a variety of situations that may arise while they are on duty.
- PS Rachel Goodwin
- My role is Safer Neighbourhood Sergeant. I manage a team of PCs, PCSOs, special constables and volunteers in tackling issues that have an impact on the community as a whole. A typical day for me involves the looking after, directing and guiding those individuals I have in my charge. It is important that I am aware of any incidents that occur on my patch, so that I can brief my team on what might be expected of them.
About this neighbourhood
Dorchester and Sherborne section is comprised of Dorchester, Sherborne and their surrounding towns and villages. The section covers a vast 280 square miles (due to its predominantly rural geography) which constitutes a population of around 60,000 people. The section covers a large area of Dorset's beautiful countryside and two very attractive towns in Dorchester and Sherborne. Dorchester is in fact the county town and both are steeped in history and culture inevitably making the area a tourism hotspot. Dorchester and Sherborne section has an excellent policing team. The section is always driven to make the area even safer and we work hard to ensure that we deliver local policing as well as an effective response service. Every area in the section has a dedicated Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT), made up of police officers, PCSOs and special constables who are committed to improving their areas. Inspector Steve Marsh Dorchester & Sherborne Neighbourhood Inspector
The force responsible for policing and crime prevention in this area is Dorset Police.
Messages and events
Meet your local officers
When: 31st May 2013, 12.00am
Where: various locations
Please visit our Force website at http://www.dorset.police.uk/default.aspx?page=902 for full information on forthcoming events we will be attending